1st Assistant Superintendent
Elmcrest Country Club. Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Elmcrest Country Club is seeking a qualified individual to serve as 1st Assistant Superintendent. Elmcrest is a Private 18-Hole country club located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Currently working on executing a long range plan that includes renovating bunkers, building new tee complexes, improving course infrastructures, pond dredging, the addition of a short course, as well as an irrigation upgrade. With these exciting changes coming, we are seeking a motivated individual who can help to lead our staff and projects.
· Assists in planning daily work schedules
· Assists 2nd Assistant Superintendent in the training of employees.
· Assists in supervision of various construction projects.
· Applies fertilizers and pesticides as needed.
· Must be able to identify all turf diseases on the golf course.
· Maintains safety procedures and training for the department.
· Helps prepare the course for daily play.
· Must be able to perform irrigation repairs on leaks as necessary.
· Keeps informed on course starting times and special events.
· Assists in snow removal.
· Sets good examples for others to follow in job performance, work safety, equipment care, attendance and striving for efficiency.
· Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, reach, bend and lift between 50-100 lbs.
Health, vision, and dental insurance, Paid time-off, 401-K, Lunches provided, GCSAA/Iowa GCSA Paid dues, Attendance to Golf Industry Show and local association events, Uniform allowance, Golfing privileges
$35,000-$45,000 Depending on experience and qualifications
Send Resumes To:
Nick Kray- Golf Course Superintendent
1 Zach Johnson Dr. NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52302
2019 IOWAGCSA.ORG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.The Iowa Golf Course Superintendents Association is a 501(c)6 nonprofit organization.1605 North Ankeny Boulevard, Suite 210, Ankeny, IA 50023-4163 | Phone: 515-635-0306