Assistant Superintendent Position: posted 2-11-21
Ankeny Golf and Country Club: A nine hole private club established in 1962 with approximately 225 golfing members located on the west side of Ankeny, Iowa
We are seeking an individual who will:
• possess good communication skills, work well with others, and can work independently.
• be physically fit to do lawn maintenance, gardening, tree work, and equipment operations.
• seek to follow safety protocols to keep staff and members protected and perform quality work in duties assigned.
• perform daily maintenance tasks, help with regularly scheduled activities that require extra time, and undertake projects that improve our facility.
• prepare work schedules, train staff, and direct others. We are looking for a role model and leader for our staff.
• help with watering needs on the course such as programming schedules, irrigation maintenance and repairs, pump house care, and assuring the dependability of our water supply
• learn the needs and put on the turf inputs like fertilizers, and other treatments needed to maintain healthy grass and meet the expectations of our members.
• have or seek to have a valid pesticide applicators certificate.
• assist and oversee equipment care, adjustments, and repairs.
• tackle other duties that may come up such as swimming pool operations, upkeep of buildings, snow removal, assistance in club activities, and more
Ankeny Golf and Country Club and the superintendent will train, teach, and aid you in your pursuit in mastering the skills and growing your knowledge involved with taking care of a golf course.
Compensation will begin at $30,000 and up, depending on experience and qualifications. Other benefits and privileges are negotiable.
Contact Phil Van Roekel through email: email@example.com or phone: 515-419-1432
2019 IOWAGCSA.ORG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.The Iowa Golf Course Superintendents Association is a 501(c)6 nonprofit organization.1605 North Ankeny Boulevard, Suite 210, Ankeny, IA 50023-4163 | Phone: 515-635-0306